This is exactly like SOPA and PIPA except instead of being called a thief they will be calling you a terrorist.
Out of what I read this is what I believe it is stating:
- If you are seen as a threat to the government they will allowed to completely take away your internet access.
- It will also ruin the anonymity of the web, making you provide all your information to your web provider.
- They will also require the web providers to monitor your movements and what content you access, meaning anyone who pirates will likely be caught.
- They also wish to reduce the time needed to remove content off the web.
- It will require Internet companies to teach their moderators an extensive amount about how to take down illegal content.
- They will be creating specialized officers for patrolling social media.
- It will restrict the domain names one can use and will delete sites of questionable domain names.
- It will block civil servants access to said domains.
- It will blame web providers for their users actions, thereby making what you do more likely to be monitored and or far easier to be kicked from their services.
- It will monitor the keywords you search for, which is being done today, however these keywords will be sorted by the government rather than the companies.
- For young adults it will allow your parents to filter content you are allowed to see, which although is done today, will be much cheaper and easier to do if it goes through.
- All sites with social media and chat rooms will be required to have a flag button or similar implements meaning an argument could lead to someone falsely flagging a person.
- If you falsely flag a person it will be treated as a false 911 call.
I would list more but this is already lengthy enough. One thing I noticed while reading this was that there was much contradictory information. As my last point was referenced at the beginning, right after that they said the person who reported it must be able to remain anonymous. Which either means that they will log your IP but will not ask information, meaning if someone is using your IP you could be charged with the crime rather than them. However, that is just me speculating on what that contradiction means.